Wednesday 9 November 2016

Logo designs

The "original" logo.
My pages of logo practice.
My typography roughs.

My combinations of both the typography and logo designs.

Final logo design
My company is a graphic design company which is directed to any company that needs a graphic design done whether or not that's a logo or just a design for something like a business card or bulletin board. I choose a cat because it fit with my personality, but I wanted to express creativity, cats come in MANY shapes, sizes, heights, weights and more. Since cats can be so diverse they can be "creative" in their looks. Originally the cat was going to be a solid colour but after playing around I noticed adding multiple lines added to the "design" or "creativity" side of my company. each line had about the same thickness but Each line creats a different shape throughout to come across as a cat. In terms of colour it's just a solid white, I thought a solid colour worked better rather than multiple, not only that but the logo itself I thought worked better either black or white. I really do think the cat stands out first because of the diverse design. My eyes begin at he cat and scan around the lines until I reach the graphics which is a flow of an arc as I read it. I had a few complications, at one point in time I completely restarted because the pen tool is very hard to learn, but after our exercises I had gotten the hang of it. The lens were actually a mistake, but after looking it over I thought it made the logo more unique. I learned a few things with this assignment, one of the most challenging was getting the hang of the pen tool, but after a while I was able to. Another important thing I learned was sometimes mistakes can bloom into amazing creations. it was a huge mistake on my part when everything other separated, so I decided to role with it and the design looked even better than the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment