Monday 28 November 2016

My movie poster

     This is my movie poster, it all started with gathering the background which was simply dragging and dropping the image from a file. Afterward I went out on a adventure looking for each image. I knew I wanted to have a love story but I wanted it to have a cute side, which I decided to use animals for. Mainly people find dogs or cats cute so I figured why not combined the two and a plot twisting well known love story? So that's what I did. I found photos of dogs and cats and began to place them in my poster. I made sure to create masks for each and every image I placed in, and labeled each layer the best I could to help me keep everything organized. I blurred out edges to try and give it a more "love story" feel. I decided on add a balcony, since in "Romeo and Juliet", a VERY well known love story, the balcony scene is a very popular piece of the play. So I took it upon myself to find a balcony good enough for the little kitty, and placed it on the image as well, creating masks and blurring edges. The final step was making sure all of my layers were named properly, then I began to type the title and credits. It took a few tries to get the colours right, but once I saw this colour with the poster I knew this was going to work. I made sure everything was in place a few times before deciding everything worked well. Then I saved a .psd file and a .jpg so I could post to my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment