Tuesday 10 January 2017

Composition Photos

Rule of Thirds
I decided to pick this photo for Rule of Thirds. I'm a fan of the lighting and the way the smaller plants are placed, both are not placed in the middle even the stem of another plant. The lighting in this picture is really nice and in my opinion, draws me to the two plants the most.
Pattern
This is the photo I picked for my pattern photo. The straight lines of the pathway lead your eyes down the pattern of squares. I like the simplicity of photo yet it's effective (in my opinion) in keeping looking at the pattern.
Framing
I picked this photo for framing since when my partner and I took the photo we found this wooden frame to use as a literal frame for the photo. Out of the few photos that I picked this was the best out of them all. Though the portrait half of it could have been better the framing itself for the most part was executed fairly well.
Leading Lines
For leading lines I was originally going to pick my 'pattern' photo, but after I saw this one I stuck with it. I think this photo shows leading lines the best because of the way the wood slowly blurs out as it travels down the photo. Following this line, you look at the small stems of the growing plants inside of the line. I also think it was effective that the background was blurred and the focus isn't in the middle.
Fill the Frame
This was a photo I picked for filling the frame. The leaves of the plant are scattered across the whole image, some are blurred and some are in focus. I think the fact that some are blurred while other which are off to the side are in focus really helps move the eye around to really take in the fact it fills the frame. I like how that follows along with the rules of thirds while it still fills the whole frame with plant life. The lighting isn't bright and to me that adds a little of a more relaxing feel, I also really love how the lighting leaves small white touches to each and every leaf.
Selective Focus
This is the selective focus, the flower was obviously the main focus of the picture. I like this one the most because most selective focus pictures are with the subject of focus in the foreground, not the back. For example, the flower is behind the fence, not in front. Usually it would be the other way around. I also like how the fence is traveling on a angle instead of being straight across and the flower is somewhat hidden behind the fence. Almost like it's a mystery on maybe what the rest of it looks like.

Zoom Blur
I really like this Zoom Blur photo, and zoom blur in general. It makes it look like you are possibly running as fast at the speed of sound and everything around you just can't keep up. This makes me think it could be part of a video game, running through the forest to possibly outrun someone or something. If the lighting was changed then that could even count as a horror game or horror genre for a movie poster or screen capture of a movie with someone running for their lives. Maybe even the suspect running after their victim. I think this turned out great fir a zoom blur because of the fact it looks like everything is zooming right past you. When I think of Zoom Blur I picture everything zooming past you at fast speeds and I can see this in this particular photo. The lighting in this photo also helps the whole entire piece 'pop'.

Portrait 1
This portrait was one of my favourites. I had an edited version but sadly that did not save. I really like this photo even if the background may not be in focus. But this is a photo where the background is very simple - a brick wall. There was no reflector used in this photo from what I remember, but the lighting itself worked out. I like how the camera lens is one of the focal points, I think it adds uniqueness to the portait.

Portrait 1
I do love this photo even if the 'nikon' camera holder does seem a bit off. I really love the lighting. I used the reflector to help get rid of the 'raccoon eyes' on my model. I really like the lighting from behind and the small lens flair since it makes little circles which gives the whole piece a very warm feeling to it. The background is blurred out which puts more focus on my model. I also want to thank my model for having the hair and eye colour she had because I think it works well with the warm lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment